Friday, February 17, 2012

Not too bad.

Having to work on your birthday: not great, but being in a foreign country on your birthday: not half bad! Both the head of the Peds dept and "The Intimidator" gave me feedback today and seemed to think I was going well. And I was thinking 'well you could try showing it a little more!' Anyway after work Emily and I went to "Mike's Kitchen" a South African restaurant. They had such amazing sea food, drinks/beer, and desert! I ate prawn for the first time and loved it! (Thanks to Emily for a really great birthday) All in all a very successful day, and I don't even have to go to work tomorrow!

Also sorry to Emily! I think I kind of freaked her out yesterday (and by kinda I mean very). I was all of 15 minutes late getting back to the office from the wards yesterday and she thought I'd keeled over or something. I treating my last patient, and I was thinking that 15 minutes in the States mean absolutely nothing but here when 15:45 hits and it's the end of the day everyone locks the door and bolts. My fault! I was still in an American mindset. What's weird is that productivity is just about as important here as it is in the States...


Here are some pictures of the grounds of the hospital were we work and the converted army barack wards that I work in all day:




1 comment:

  1. I laugh every time I see the title of this blog. Seriously brilliant my friend.

    ReplyDelete